Monday, January 24, 2022

Biju (WC)




(Wendy Cabell, January 24, 2022, feast day of Our Lady of Damascus (modern miracle here), of Our Lady of Tears, of Saint Francis de Sales, Saint Xenia ("stranger") of Rome, Saint Xenia of St. Petersburg, and Blessed Paula Gambara Costa. Jewish calendar today remembers Rebbetzin Chaya Mushkah Schneerson (1901-1988). Image from here.)


Biju

(for Our Lady of Damascus, on Her feast day;

and in anticipating Conversion of Paul the Apostle)


Be (v.):..from Proto-Germanic *biju- 

"I am, I will be."--etymonline.com



I am spent, I will be worried.

I am shifting, to I am kind. 

I am kind, I will be hopeful. 

I am hopeful, I will be looking. 

I am looking, I will be surprised. 

I am surprised, I will hold gifts.

I hold gifts, I will unwrap.

I unwrap, I will ponder.

I ponder, I will understand a bit.

I understand a bit, I will have a tool.

I have a tool, my hands something to hold;

                                   with something to hold,

                                                I will not be worried. 




*From prompt: Freewrite as inspired by the etymology of “be”. From Lisa Freedman's BreatheReadWrite, January 24, 2022.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maxims for a Refugee Artist (WC)

  (Wendy Cabell, April 18, 2024, feast day of the “ Maximov ” Icon of the Mother of God, (above) Blessed  Marie  of the Incarnation (mere Ma...