Friday, June 7, 2024

If I were brave (WC)

 



(Wendy Cabell, June 7, 2024, (above) Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, World Day of Prayer for the Sanctification of Priests, and feast day of the Apparition of Saint Joseph in Cotignac, Blessed Anne of Saint Bartholome and Blessed Basilissa Fernandez. On Jewish calendar today is Flood Waters Recede (2105 BC). Image from here.)



If I were brave 

(for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart, 2024)



Kitchen shelves toppling, food held back --

it's for my flight from world’s coming crash.

If I were brave, instead I’d sweep

an uncluttered space. Opt for smiles

versus piles of symptom logs,

endless diagnostics.


Perhaps I’d wander off a bit, 

favor wriggling fingers and toes

over sorting every document 

and scribbled note. 


Or better yet,

I'd christen the stockpiles.

Paint the diagnostics.

Organize to a tune –-


hand to heart now,

         in-breath out-breath 

in tandem, in harmony  

in pilgrimage


as horizons open 

for me and Thee.

Most steady. 

Most pleasant.


I'll be brave in Your company.



*From prompt: Freewrite as inspired by excerpt from “Wild Horses Drink from the River of History” by Lois Roma-Deeley. From Lisa Freedman’s BreathReadWrite, June 7, 2024.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Green Above//Green Below (WC)

  (Wendy Cabell, July 11, 2024, feast day of Our Lady of Carmine ("painting shows the infant St. John the Baptist pointing to the Chil...